Save Handmade Toys

Monday, December 28, 2009

Hope Everyone Had a Great Holiday

I celebrated Christmas with my immediate family,at home,sitting in our PJ's until noon. Then I had to get down to business and hit the one only grocery store in my area up,so I could make my famous Spinach Beef and Mushroom lasagna. Yeah I know,why in the world would I wait to the last minute to make my Christmas dinner.....Well, my husband and I became consumed with finding a game called Pop the Pig, for our youngest daughter, and the Wii system for the whole gang,that we kept waiting to finish up our grocery shopping. I knew this would be a big mistake,but some days I just wanted to go home and rest,get warm or just eat.

We never did find that Pop the Pig game;it was always advertised on t.v.,but every time we went to a toy store,no one ever heard of the game.

My husband eventually found the Wii system, and I was glad he had found the system because we had already picked up a few games that were on sale a while back.

So, we found the Wii and now we're trying to figure out how to give the gift to the kids. I had already wrapped the Wii games with a bundle of movies that we bought the kids. We wanted the kids to unwrap this gift all together. The kids decided that they wanted me to unwrap it,so I did,and I took each movie out one by one as the kids read each title. Then I came to the middle of the movie pile and showed them the Wii game-and they didn't get it at first. Their first response was,"We don't have a Wii,that's for the Wii system." Then my husband said,"Oh you don't?" He told our oldest son, Rico(Brother) to go and check for another box in our room.

This is when pandemonium hit our living room. I wished our camcorder was still working because that was one of the best reactions I've ever seen. There was jumping,hugging,and screaming,you would have thought we'd hit the Jackpot. Well,I guess we did...from their point of view.

So, pretty much it turned out to be a fun filled day; everyone got pretty much what they wanted and needed. We had lots of fun playing the array of new board games,the Wii system, and made jewelry from a jewelry kit. All in all it was a pretty fun day minus the shopping for groceries on Christmas Day and spending way too much money on a few little items. Oh, well, it was a good meal that lasted for three days.....can't beat that,can you?

-peace-

No comments:

Post a Comment